Monday, September 8, 2014

http://www.nih.gov/news/health/oct2013/ninds-17.htm




 This was recently discovered and still amazes me. Since this next unit is about sleep and I had just heard about this i figured it would make sense to post it here. I used to think sleep wasn't that important, just something adults wanted more of and teenagers could care less about. This article really opened my eyes to the importance of sleep. I had no idea the brain would open up and rinse out toxins while you're asleep, i just thought it shuts down.

knowing this about the brain and what it does, will you make sure you get enough sleep?  Or will you continue to get not enough sleep?

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely make sure that i get enough sleep because it really helps your body in a lot of different ways. Sleep can keep your energy up and can really give you the boost you need to stay awake during the day and do well in school and sports. This well also make sure Im living a long happy life and that I am healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always really underestimated the importance of sleep in my life and articles like this are a wake up call. Though it can be really hard to get enough sleep when so much is being asked of teenagers, it is extremely important to find a way to get enough sleep. I don't get enough sleep in my life and this article is a reminder that it should be one of my top priorities.

    ReplyDelete