Thursday, October 30, 2014

IS RED WINE GOOD FOR YOUR HEART?






















Is Red Wine good for your heart?


According to this article, the Red Wine, in moderation, has been thought of as heart healthy. The alcohol and certain substances in red wine called antioxidants may help prevent heart disease by increasing levels of high-density lipoprotein. Other doctors says that red wine is still alcohol, but the other doctors agree that something in Red Wine appears to help your heart.

Resveratrol - the key ingredient of a red wine that helps prevent damage to the blood vessels, reduces low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL/ bad cholesterol) and prevents blood clots.

* This article proves that Red Wine is good for your heart because of the ingredient put into it, the question is, is Red Wine still consider as alcohol that we should not drink or not? I believe that Red Wine is not an alcohol because it's made out of grapes *

**CLICK  THE LINK TO FIND OUT WHAT ELSE MAKES A RED WINE GOOD FOR YOUR HEART**


8 comments:

  1. I found this article interesting that they are finding benefits in a drink that is mostly seen as only having negative effects. Wine is still an alcoholic beverage and should still be drunk responsibly. However, if it really does help to prevent lower heart disease than that makes it more beneficial to drink but that does not mean that everyone should start drinking tons of wine. Even though red wine might help with heart diseases, the alcohol could still cause lots of other problems if someone drinks too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that red wine is considered alcohol even though it is made of grapes. The grapes are fermented so that some of the fruit produces alcohol. Since some of the studies show that resveratrol can be found in unfermented grapes, blueberries and grape juice, I think people would be better off eating those instead. Also, the studies were only done on animals so the effects are unknown on people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with William, even though red wine is made out of crushed grapes, it still has alcohol in it. I think that drinking wine in moderation is the best and people shouldn't drink it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it's important for people to recognize here that crushed fermented grapes are what makes alcohol and that wine is definitely alcoholic. It's not "even though wine is made of grapes" wine is alcoholic because it is made from fermented grapes. In addition, I feel like this kind of relates to the discussion we had on marijuana a few days ago in class. Like marijuana, wine has certain benefits but it also has some drawbacks. It does still have alcohol in it yet it does have these antioxidants. I'm positive that binge drinking wine is still bad however in moderation wine is probably not a bad thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with this article but alcohol is still alcohol, it shouldn't really be drinked. Yet I do like this article because it gives the drinker a sense of what is happening in his body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that wine is still alcohol, but it helps prevent heart disease so I say drink up! It's much better than hennessey, e&j, beer, or stuff like that. I mean, how bad could wine be if it is made from wine? I believe it has its pros and cons. I wouldn't tell anyone to drink wine 24/7, but it is the healthiest way to "turn up" I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I feel that wine does has its benefits, but should definitely still be considered alcohol because it still has the same effect as any alcoholic beverage. If drank wisely, wine seems very beneficial to our health. On a related topic I agree with jacks statement about doesn't marijuana have great benefits like wine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also agree, just because people say that there is "fruit" in wine doesn't mean you should be drinking it all the time. Once in awhile for a special occasion is fine but not all the time.

    ReplyDelete