Thursday, October 23, 2014

Yoga

Yoga


 

 What is Yoga?

 Yoga is not only an exercise it is also a lifestyle practice that helps train mind, body, breathing, and connecting with your spirituality. There are many different types of physical yoga, like ashtonga yoga, biktam, gentle, koundalini, tyengar, restorative, and vinyasa. all these types of yoga help improve flexibility, strength, balance, and stamina. In addition, many people who practice yoga say that it reduces anxiety and stress, improves mental clarity, and even helps them sleep better. there is all different types of yoga for all different people, some yoga moves slowly, some moves fast pase, while other types of yoga are in extreme heat. All the different types of yoga are here to help you relieve stress and help gain a better understanding of how your body works.
 What my question is, is do you believe that yoga can be used to relieve stress or is it more about flexibility and exercise? 

5 comments:

  1. I believe Yoga does help stress 110%. Doing yoga, like actually getting into the positions and focusing all on your body instead of the outside troubles that do cause you stress, can allow you to relax and be more stable. Yoga is not only a great way to stay in shape (seriously, it is) but its also a fantastic way to keep your stress levels down and be more happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mia that doing yoga not only is a great exercise and increases your flexibility, but it also relieves stress, because as soon as you start doing yoga you are entering a state of meditation which allows you to purify your mind(get rid of stress)and focus on your exercise. It also burns a lot of calories and keeps you in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with jennifer and mia, yoga is a really good exercise because it keeps your brain from thinking about anything else and only think about is your body. Also yoga relax you which is good for your brain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mia. I think that yoga really allows someone to find a place where they are not bothered by outside worries. The different poses can be so difficult to do that the person doing them probably can only focus on doing the move and not focusing on other external problems. I have had countless people tell me that yoga is great as a stress reliever for them. I'm sure it also very beneficial exercise wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga for me is a great stress buster. I completely enjoy doing it and found myself immersed. Even my instructor in online yoga class was telling me this the same day. I think yoga is such a joy and I regret not starting it earlier.

    ReplyDelete