Friday, December 4, 2015

10 Day Sugar-Free Challenge




Launching in May 2014, along with the release of Fed Up in theaters, over 65,000 people joined Katie, Laurie and the Fed Up team on a 10-day Challenge to go Completely Sugar Free! To kick of this school year on the right foot, we are challenging you to GO SUGAR FREE FOR 10 DAYS by launching the Back to School Fed Up Challenge! 

Start by cutting sodas and other sweetened beverages and foods that have ADDED sugars. EAT real, fresh, whole foods and lay off all products that contain added sugar including honey, molasses, agave, etc., and all liquid sugars, such as sodas, bottled teas, fruit juices, and sports drinks. This includes all artificial sugars and sugar substitutes. No exceptions, so don’t ask!

Are there health benefits?

Artificial sweeteners slow your metabolism and make you crave and eat more food. Also, be aware of foods that may have hidden sugars, like yogurts, canned foods, spaghetti sauce, and ketchup. Watch for hidden names of sugar. Also try cutting out all flour products that turn to sugar in your body.

Why am I doing this?

Over the many years that I have been living a healthy lifestyle, I have noticed the detrimental effects of sugar on my health- inflammation, weight gain, sleep issues, and overall lethargy. When I cut sugar out of my diet years ago, I noticed so many benefits that wanted to share that with my students.  


How is it going for you? What has been a challenge? What has been easy? Which foods were you surprised had sugar?


1 comment:

  1. The sugar challenge has been going great. Main challenge is continuing the challenge after seeing an advertisement on desserts and sweets. So far its been pretty easy since I mostly eat healthy foods. I was surprised that white bread had sugar in it. Also to add on i was very surprised that sugar free items contain artificial flavors that aren't natural.

    ReplyDelete