Friday, December 11, 2015

NIMH>> Depression


http://www.exposingtruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/maskingdepression.jpg


A lot of people don't know much about depression. They know about it, but they don't understand how much of a problem it is. This article talks about the signs of depression and what can cause depression. It also talks about treatments. Certain signs include being restless, overeating, insomnia, and even loss in things that once gave the person joy. The most common treatments include Psychotherapy and antidepressants, but there are other brain stimulant therapies that people can go through.

A few questions I want to propose are: how serious do you think depression is? How could you help make someone going through it not feel alone? Do you think that people should "walk on eggshells" when approaching or talking to someone with depression or at least be a little nicer/calmer?

3 comments:

  1. I feel like depression is not as serious as other disorders and diseases that affect teenagers, but it certainly has a wider spread and affects more people. If I knew when others were depressed, I would offer to listen to them, which will help them calm their brain down. I think being nicer to depressed people can be difficult, since I heavily utilize sarcasm in my daily interactions, and it is sometimes difficult to tell what's going on internally. However, I think that the things I say could still seriously affect them and that we should be more careful with our words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that depression is definitely a serious issue. Not only does depression affect the person them self, but the people that care for that person as well. These severe symptoms affect the ability for those to work, sleep, and everything that you do on an regular day. Also, a lot of people go with this illness without getting the proper treatment. As for those that do not struggle with this illness, the least we can do is be more aware of our words and actions. Sometimes you may not realize that the things you say and do carry on with some people, and do nothing but create more of a negative weight for them to continue on with. I think that not only myself, but others should be more careful of what they say because you never know who you are hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think depression is a serious issue because a lot of us may be depressed we just don't officially know it yet. depression makes things hard not just for the person going through it but also for their families. I know when my mother is stressed out about something it makes me feel bad because I dont know what I can do to help her. I think we should all, Including myself, just try to talk nicer to people because we really have NO idea who is going through depression.

    ReplyDelete