Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What is Balanced Diet






 The basic food categories are fruit, vegetables, meat and grain. They provide basic nutrition for people, such as, vitamin, sugar, energy,  protein, carbohydrates, fats and so on. A balanced diet contain many proper nutrition that people need. Calories is the most important factor in our body because it supplies energy for people. We should keep calories in the range of the normal level because less than or more than the normal level will cause many health problems. If you receive less calories, you cannot maintain your weight and you will be malnutrition. If you receive an excess of calories, it will cause obesity. Daily calories intake can depend on people's age and their health level. Therefore, we need to plan on our health eating habit and balance the nutrients what we need everyday. Balanced diet is very important in our life because we need proper nutrition to work effectively. It helps our physical strength and prevent disease from out coming. We need to know about the health and the food we normally eat.

I found this article very useful because it gave more information about diet and listed some health food as a reference. After I read this article, I planed on my daily health diet. I thought it is very interesting to do that because I can search the function of the food while I plan my new diet. This article also fitted the topic of my health class in this week. My health teacher talks about the nutrition of some basic food we usually eat every day and lets me know which cooking method is unhealthy for people. They both embody how to cook a balanced diet and why a balanced diet is so important today. 

Do you find something new in this article?
What is your balanced diet after you read this article?

10 comments:

  1. The article, "What is balance diet", talks about how people need a balance of food that includes, meats, oils, grains, vegetables, fruits, and dairy. Calories are important because it gives us energy. A good diet combine both enough calories and all the nutrients from all the food groups.
    A balanced meal I would make myself after reading the article is a salad, yogurt, and chicken that way I can have my grains, proteins, and dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article focuses on food groups such as, fruits, vegetables, meat and grains. After reading this article, I found out that good balanced diet should contain proteins, carbohydrates and fats. A balanced meal is very important in our daily life because it will help us physically to gain strength and prevent disease from out coming. This article helped me plan my balanced diet from now. I would focus on eating enough proteins such as meat and beans, grains like 2 slice of bread or rice and lots of fruits and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I found something new in the article was a Balanced Diet. According to the article, it says that a balanced diet is very important to our lives because we need proper nutrition to work and it also helps to prevent disease from out coming.
    My balanced diet is I start with an appetizer (mainly salad or something else), then I have the entree and I usually or not have a dessert. So that's pretty much my balanced diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think balanced diet is when you consume calories (not empty calories) and burn them. Balanced diet is fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, dairy, oils in right amounts so it provides all the nutrients to your body for it to function correctly. Eating healthy is beneficial in so many ways psychologically and physically because everything is connected. I have been through this because I kind of had eating disorder. I never knew how important it is to be healthy and it helped me in so many ways. I do think that eating fast food is alright to eat as long as you eat them in right amounts and not too often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a balanced diet would be food with natural protein, carbs, fat, and vitamins. Foods that natural contain this will work me effectively than foods with them enriched because they aren't natural and they won't work properly like the natural ones. A balanced diet for me would be lentils for protein, spinach, almond milk, bread in controlled amounts, and apples. Food is important to eat in controlled amounts because too much of a good thing is bad for the body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that a balanced diet means that you consume a certain amount of calories and burn off equal or more calories than you consumed. I think that people consume way more sugar than fruit, vegetables, meat, and grains. If we eat healthier, it will prevent health problems such as heart disease. It surprises that "if you receive less calories, you cannot maintain your weight and you will be malnutrition."I think that a lot of people think that they can lose weight by not eating as much as you burn off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe a balanced diet is basically consuming food if its either empty calorie food or not, and burning it off and not just letting it set there the next day. Consuming food at a young age should not just be salad and other foods that people at young ages don't like but more of food like pizza and many other "empty calories" because teenagers are young and are able to consume these things but in or to maintain their health they have to do some kind of activity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. According to this article, a balanced diet is pretty much a meal without any empty calories. Active teens however should be able to consume some empty calories, as they are much more active than the average adult. My diet is pretty random, I eat whatever is available so I don't really pay attention to balancing the proteins, vegetables, grains and other components of a balanced diet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something new I got from this article are the daily amount of calories I need to get based on my age and whether I'm active or not. I connected this with the 10-day sugar free challenge I'm currently doing, because the food I can mostly eat are the same as described on where you can get the majority of your daily calories from in a healthy way. After doing this challenge, reading articles like these and what I've learned in health class I'm more aware about which foods get me the sufficient amount of calories in a more healthy manner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing that I found out from this article is that we need proper nutrition to work effectively through the day. A balanced diet is also important because it helps us keep our strength. After reading this I feel that a balanced meal would be chicken carrots and a glass of milk that way I would get my protein, vegetables, and dairy all in one meal.

    ReplyDelete