Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Nuitrition

How Eating Healthy & unhealthy Foods Affects Your Body

http://www.livestrong.com/article/41294-eating-unhealthy-foods-affects/

The article talks about how healthy food choices are able to improve mental and physical health. Also, it says how unhealthy food choices lower your energy levels, takes years off your life, and increase in deadly diseases. It relates to health class because we did a whole unit based on nutrition and the importance it has to live a healthy lifestyle. A way to live a healthy lifestyle would be to cut out sugary and fatty foods and replace them with vegetables, fruits, and stuff high in protein.One reaction I had to the article was that I didn't realize eating unhealthy foods had such big consequences on my life. I feel after reading this article I will improve my own eating habits so I am able to live a healthy and long life. 

After reading this article, will it change how you eat in your daily life?
If you eat healthy throughout the day, do you feel you get a better night sleep?
How do you recommend living a healthier sugar-free diet?

2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that eating and mental health are directly linked to each other, "there is also a link between good mental health and eating whole, unprocessed foods." This article will make me think twice about what I put into my body and has made me realize that it doesn't just affect my body and health, but my brain too. I haven't noticed if I get better sleep when I eat healthier, but I'm guessing I do. I would recommend trying to live a healthier sugar free diet, but I know it can be difficult. I understand why some are unable to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with this article. While reading through this I found it interesting with the whole mental and physical health are directly linked, and then i remember moments where i was having a tough time and not trying to be funny but i turned to food cause that's what I found was good. So having a good clean life could really be the truth behind having a healthy diet and does make me think about my own diet and what I could do to work on my own mental health and have it directly translate to my own physical health. Reading through this reminded me of a lot of times I had a bad time and I didn't feel like doing anything and I just felt lazy and really sluggish. So reading this I found many connections between the readings and my life. This article makes me want to rethink my way of looking at diets and find something that suits me.

    ReplyDelete